Written by: Indresh Maurya
1. Installation: Install provided plugin from joomla backend->manage->extensions->install. Once installed, enable it
2. Shipping rule creation: when plugin is enabled you will get the option to select dhl api during shipping rule creation. Create shipping rule and save api credentials which are Site ID/Username, Password, Account Number
3. Geolocation: Make sure you have geolocation available for country, state, district and zip. These geolocations needed for seller origin only, you can either manually create or install in bulk.
NOTE: For DHL Express state code in State location is required.
4. Shipment configuration: configure your shipment from settings->global configuration->shipment. To know more about this visit https://www.sellacious.com/documentation-v2#/learn/global-configurations/shippment
5. Product Shipping Dimensions: Make sure product shipping dimensions are saved in the product. Dimensions can be saved in either dimension tab or shipping tab of product edit. In case both are present shipping tab will get priority.
6. Address preset configuration: On checkout make sure the buyer has the option to select all necessary fields when saving an address. Dhl requires buyers Name, address lines, country, state, city and zip to be saved in buyers address. Make them mandatory in your address preset. You can make State and district text only if geolocation is not present.
You can manage these fields from address presets. To know more about address presets visit https://www.sellacious.com/documentation-v2#/learn/settings/address-presets.
7. Getting shipping rates in checkout: In checkout dhl shipping rule and rates will be shown and can be selected by the user. Here rates are shown along with the method from which is provided by the dhl.
8. Label Generation: When payment is approved shipping labels will be generated which can be printed from backend orders view. In cart wise and seller wise shipping will show in list view and in item wise shipping it is shown in drawer against individual items.
sometimes it may encountered that shipping rates and rule selection were ok but still lablel are not been generated. This may occure due to missing information what is needed to generate label. Order wise detailed log is provided in "/tmp" directory for debugging of any such cases.
Console debugging: Console debugging is available in in test mode only which can be enabled from shipping rule.
In Console debugging we can check what are the informations are being exchange during fetching rates in checkout. DHL is json based API so two objects are provided in console log
1.Customerdetails contains information what is send by sellacious to dhl in request for fetching rates and products contains information what we are getting in response
shipper and receiver details
package weight and dimensions
2.Products object contains information of response send by dhl to sellacious
shipping type and total shipping (currency type BASEC)
Label Debugging in DHL Express: Order wise json docs for label debugging can be found in "/tmp/dhl-express-api" directory wherever sellacous is installed.
Two json files (request and response) are provided for each order. These files are generated when payment is approved for an order.
1.Request files contains information of what is being send to dhl when label generation request is made by sellacious
like information of shipper and receiver (buyer)
package dimensions and weight
2.Response json contains these details and pdf uri
in case there is an error it will show that error then